While it took a bit of time to get from the last release to the release candidate of last week, the final release is now here.
Of course I made a feature video highlighting the changes that are discernible from a user perspective:
While progressing with the release I also posted two articles on all the stuff learned from the development: Y-O-Y part I and part II. There are also three more blog posts on some specific development topics, that are not restricted to OpenPatrician:
- Documentation generation with Compiler API
- Evaluating a Bezière Curve
- Alternative approach to Maps with primitive values
On the UI front these are the main features:
Plugin update infrastructure: Plugin zip file may now contain version string
- Custom cursor
- Improved price calculation
- icons for the wares
- Guild building
- Event videos
- Social advancement
- Wedding career
Many bugfixes For a full list of all issues check https://sourceforge.net/p/openpatrician/tickets/milestone/Release%200.8/
Check out the download page. There are native builds for Windows and Linux available as well as one that should work in all environments with Java 8 installed.
Here are some numbers for this release:
- There are now 1654 Java classes (test classes included) with 168’405 lines of code (javadoc and empty lines included)
- There are 1685 test methods that result in a test coverage of 66% of all classes, 50% of all methods and 58% of all lines.
- This release was done in 385 unique commits and 104 issues have been resolved (some of them bugs, that were only introduced with the development of this release)
- Compared to the last release the game size grow by 266% which is mainly due to the main module (including images, video, sound, …) which grew by 302%.